Bekasi – Three members of a motorcycle theft gang, using a modus of accusing victims of assault, were arrested by the Metro Police. In their actions, the perpetrators targeted underage motorcyclists.
“Three people were detained. One acted as the driver, one as the passenger, and one collaborated to find targets,” said Bekasi Metro City Police Chief Kombes Kusumo Wahyu Anggoro during a press conference on Wednesday (May 13, 2026).
Kusumo said the three perpetrators were arrested following up on a report from one of the victims last February. The victim, who was riding a motorcycle, was approached by the perpetrators and accused of hitting their relative.
“They said, ‘You are the one who hit my relative.’ Because the victim was underage, they did not fully understand this. The victim then denied doing it, but was pressured and forced to confess by the perpetrators,” said Kusumo.
“Then the perpetrators said they would take the victim’s motorcycle to pick up their relative. The victim complied, was dropped off at that location, and the perpetrators used the victim’s motorcycle. Then the perpetrators disappeared,” said Kusumo.
Kusumo stated that the gang had acted three times in Bekasi City with the same modus. The perpetrators always worked together and targeted underage motorcyclists. The perpetrators are charged under Articles 490 and 486 of the Criminal Code Law Number 1 of 2023, facing a maximum sentence of 4 years in prison.
“From the investigation results, it was revealed that the perpetrators had previously committed crimes with a similar modus in Bekasi City. They admitted to three crime scenes in Bekasi City,” said Kusumo.